New noticeboards have been installed in the village hall, a special gift from Mrs Kathleen Bower who sadly passed away this year.
Mrs Kathleen Bower sadly passed away earlier this year. Not only was she was a lifelong member of the WI but was a former chair of the Village Hall Committee and was Church Warden at Holy Trinity Church for 37 years - she will serve as an inspiration to the whole village. She left £1000 to be spent on a permanent addition to the village hall and with this in mind, the Village Hall Committee decided that 3 new oak and glass notice boards would be a fitting project to invest in. The new notice boards were designed and built by hand by her son, Dr Stephen Bower, and will be used to display events and information for many years to come.